Tuesday 25 June 2013

I was freezing, the howling wind seized its opportunity to roam the town while there was no one around, sadly it was a particular cold night, without the unforgiving wind's contribution. I managed to get into a 'comfy' position where the twisted arms of the thorny branches couldn't reach me. I lay there in the dark cold night with Bear lying next to me (no, Bear is not actually a bear. It's the name of my dog. He isn't a pedigree, and he is dirty but he is the only thing I have left, now. He is really scruffy and small - which is nothing like a bear - but he is very brave which makes him like the bravest bear there could be). Bear's belly moved up, then down, then up, then down while his scruffy chocolate-caramel coloured fur rustled like leaves in the wind, but the only difference was, that, Bears fur was quiet, and soft. I couldn't sleep that night, and once my eyes had just agreed to let me rest, Bear and I heard a noise, like twigs snapping under someone's foot. The person obviously wasn't about to help us. He was the one after us. To kill us. He knew where we were all along.
My heart skipped a beat...

1 comment: