Friday 28 June 2013

I stared at the body in shock. the woman had brown hair and pale skin. the stench of the dead body filled the van. the van turned a sharp corner, and as it did, the body tumbled and fell onto me. I rolled the women over. as I struggled to do that, I couldn't help feeling all the useful things in her pocket: phone, money (at least £200), pocket knife, photos (okay, photos aren't necessarily useful) and even a cereal breakfast bar! and one more thing. a key which looked like it was to some sort of car. I tore the rapper open of the bar and found three whole biscuits inside; I hadn't realised how hungry I was until my teeth bit the crunchy oats, with smooth, sweet honey drizzled on the top. I couldn't stop. when I finally decided to get back to the real world I found that I had munched my way through two and a half cereal bars without even thinking about it. I fed the half left to Bear. He greedily (just like me) gobbled the snack up, leaving no crumbs behind. I let Bear lick the honey off the wrapper. the food wasn't much but it was enough to keep us alive for now.

2 comments: